Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

Blow your mind Brownies




I have to say I was a little reluctant to experiment with brownies. I recently made some Coconut Flour Brownies that were a total flop. So, with some tweaking I came up with the perfect recipe. It tastes absolutely wonderful! Even if you aren't a Vegan, have Celiacs disease, or are Food Allergy ridden. I can honestly say these brownies will hit the spot. Better than hit the spot, they are packed with Protein and Healthy Fats. Even Better than that they have NO SUGAR! Are you serious right now? I know right! A healthy brownie? I'm sold! Here's the recipe.


Ingredients for Brownie

1 Cup Quinoa
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 + 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
2 Tbsp. Ground Flax
6 Tbsp Warm Water
1/4 Cup Bee Free Honey 
1 Tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Water
1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinager 
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions 

1. Preheat Oven to 325 F
2. Mix Flax and Warm water to form gel. Let sit for 8 minuets
3. Mix all other ingredients together with the flax gel. Pour batter into a greased pan. (I use coconut oil for grease)
4. Bake at 325 F for 20 minuets and let cool when done.

Now for the Icing

Ingredients for Icing

A Dash of Coconut Milk
8 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
5 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder

Directions

Beat on high for a few minuets until smooth. Pour onto cooled Brownies. Refrigerate before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My squishy faced boy!

My squishy faced boy!
Photo taken by: http://www.simplytakenbytammilynn.com/